Learn more about the new video player:
A video experience standardized
Mobile first !
The positioning of the buttons and the ergonomy have been reviewed to facilitate the use of the player on mobile devices (smartphones, tablets...). For example, you can now open the chapters panel on the player upper right corner and close this panel at the same place without the need to move your mouse. All the controls and the playback bar have been adapted to be clickable on mobile devices.
- You can start the video at a precise moment: for example, if you want your video to start at the fortieth second, add #t=40 at the end of the URL. This novelty enables you to insert chapters on your page or to start your video where you want without the need to cut it.
Good to know: always write the value in seconds and not in minutes. If you want your video to start at 2min 34seconds, write #t=154 at the end of your video URL. Watch our video that starts at 1min20.
- We have added a function allowing you to accelerate or slow down the video. This function is appropriate especially to analyze sports games.
The review and the standardization of the subtitles
Furthermore, you can choose which language will be displayed "by default" clicking on the icone .
This value can be modified when publishing the video.
You work for a multinational company.
Your video is an interview of your French CEO.
- You have subtitled this video in English and Spanish.
- You add your subtitles (.srt) editing your video.
- For your British colleagues, you will publish the interview in the channel "MyCompanyName UK". When publishing it, you will decide that the English subtitles will automatically appear.
- However, for your French colleague, you will decide that the video will automatically start without any subtitle.
Protect your embedded videos
Monetize your videos with advertisements
The new player is still free of ads!
The backward compatibility
Choose the good size for your embed
Furthermore, we have added to the project settings a new field to determine a by-default resolution on all the project videos (past and future videos):
How to activate the HTML5 player?